Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Mad Max Challenge

Jethro
Jethro Posts: 495
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hey Max,[p]I'd meant to post this for some time now. It just didn't seem right to do it while you were laid up and well then you know how things go.[p]One of the items I brought back when returning from Alaska were some scallops. I'd never cooked them previously and did some research and did a dish (in the oven) called coquille St. Jacques.[p]It was very good but I couldn't help but thinking Max would be the person to do this on the Egg.[p]So whatcha think you want to give it a go and report back to the class?[p]Regards,
Jethro

Comments

• Jethro,
    you know, when i first met my wife, coquille st. jacques was one of her favorite dishes, and i made it a bunch of times in the oven. .. but somewhere along the way she lost her taste for scallops. .... i had completely forgotten about this wonderful dish for years until i read this post. ..so, yea, me thinks i need to add it to the list of things to make on the egg. . .the egg usually imparts a nice flavor (when you have a nice clean fire) to creamy dishes like that. ...[p]THANKS

• thirdeye
    thirdeye Posts: 7,428
    mad max beyond eggdome,[p]It's good in the egg. Try substituting panko for the normal bread crumbs. It crisps up nicer.[p]~thirdeye~

Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
  • Jethro
    Jethro Posts: 495
    thirdeye,[p]What is panko? I not familiar with it.[p]Jethro
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,733
    Jethro,
    japanese bread crumbs, i find it near the soy sauce, egg noodles, wasabi pastes up here

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it