Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

2 bone standing rib steak

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
after searing all around...take it off and drop temp and cook some more or use the Mad Max method for prime rib? thanks...oh, yes, that kroger $5.99 special, was VERY LEAN and almost no marbleing...

Comments

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,758
    Options
    2005233303.jpg
    <p />nodock,
    01fd68e1.jpg
    this one is trexed to 122 internal, works good if you are going to halve it like a rib roast
    100_1174.jpg
    100_1178.jpg
    this one was roasted as high in the egg as i could get it at 300, then i opened the dome and let the fire come up for a darker finish. i had a smear of horseradish on this one that i didnt want to burn. this method gives a better distribution of med rare if you are going to eat it as a steak. this one i took off with an internal of 127, next time it will be 122. with this method you can also hold off on the sear and give it a rest, sear, rest. any method just about makes good prime rib, just dont go all the way to medium or above.

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • fishlessman,
    I bow to the master.......thanks