Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

chicken roaster

Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
has any one tried the early morning pottery ceramic cooker for chicken instead of the beer can chicken i was thinking of buying one it just seems like it might work as good if not better and it is dishwasher safe.

Comments

• DobieDad
    DobieDad Posts: 502
    new egg,[p]I've been using mine for about 6 months and really like it. Getting a more crisp skin than with previous vertical chicken roasters.[p]I ended up buying the larger ceramic cooker (sized for a turkey) recently and have cooked domestic duck on it twice. Absolutely outstanding.[p]Early Morning Pottery were a sponsor of Grillmeister's Texas Eggfest, which is where I learned about them. Grillmeister might chime in here too.[p]DD
  • DobieDad,
    thanks for the info

• mojopin
    mojopin Posts: 200
    sittinchicken.jpg
    <p />This isn't a pic of the BGE one, only difference is the box is Green and says BGE on it. Probably the same manufacturer. I'm sure you could call up BGE and order one. I love them, I have two.[p]
    It's made of ceramic, but it has a hole in the center to add your liquids... I love it. Much better than a regular vert. roaster, or just a plain ole beer can. Definately makes the skin crispier and a much more flavorful bird. I'm sure the ceramic helps cook it from the inside as well.[p]Just my 2 cents...
    -Jill