Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Got some thin pork chops. Ideas?

Options
Big Hoser
Big Hoser Posts: 104
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Pulled a pack of 4 thin (3/4") pork chops out of the freezer last night (got tired of seeing 'em sitting there, begging to be eaten). I was thinking of doing a rub on 2 tonight and brining the other 2 overnight for tomorrow's supper? Any other ideas or brine recipes? For the rub, which DP rub would work best? Thanks.

Comments

• EddieMac
    EddieMac Posts: 423
    Options
    Thin chops? Hmm....I'd take some Raging River or Tsunami Spin....mix it around generously in some flour....And flour those chops up and gently fry 'em up....in Wesson oil....And then take the flour / Rub....put in the remaing grease....and make some dang good gravy to go along.....And give that Egg a rest for the night...And save my lump for the weekend....And I'd serve them up with some rice...And sliced 'maters....Yup...That's what I do.....[p]Ed McLean
    Ft. Pierce, FL

• Mark
    Mark Posts: 295
    Options
    Big Hoser,
    Brinning thin chops overnight may be a little bit to long, couple hours tops. Thin chops will also cook VERY fast, couple few minutes on each side should be enough.
    Mark

• Big Hoser
    Options
    eddiemac,[p]That does sound good. I think one in Raging River and the other in Tsunami Spin tonight. Thanks.[p]Dan

• Big Hoser,
    I saw this here a few days ago - Take the chops and filet them in half long ways, add some cheese, mango salsa and canned gree chilis, roll them up and toss them on the egg.[p]I made these - they were FANTASTIC!

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,771
    Options
    Big Hoser,
    these were braised like coq au vin, dont have the recipe i used, but look up braising. the longer the cook the better. these were fried while somewhat frozen so as not to dry out and then braised in the egg for about an hour, but back on the egg the second day made all the difference
    2005002951.jpg
    2005003324.jpg
    rollups work good tooo if they are boneless, would imagine you could cut the bone off and do the same thing. any combo that sounds good, these were just whole canned chilis and cheese
    4a30527f.jpg

[ul][li]rolled chops[/ul]
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    fishlessman,
    man...[p]wow.
    serious question here: do you have all this stuff on your computer at work? w/t/f? pretty amazing you have this stuff handy. can the dudes on the floor see your screen?

ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • Big Hoser
    Options
    stike,[p]I've often wondered how fishless seems to have a picture handy no matter the type of meat. He must have a huge hard drive! Reminds me of the old Harlem Globetrotters cartoon where whatever type of gadget the team needed (chainsaw, plunger, etc.), he'd reach into his giant 'fro and voila! Good thing it's time to eat lunch anyway as fishless' pics always make me hungry.
  • fishlessman
    Options
    Big Hoser,
    just looked at photobucket and there is 521 pics in there, almost all food. those are just the few that have been copied into photobucket from the pc, must be several thousand in there. it adds up quickly over the years, funny thing is before digital cameras i owned several of the fim type, but only developed a few rolls of film, actually hated picture taking before the egg. now the camera goes everywhere with me.

fukahwee maine

• fishlessman
    Options
    stike,
    looking at the .net site, its your 3300 post aniversary. did you ever think you would have 3300 things to say about an egg. happy anniversary

fukahwee maine

• stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    fishlessman,
    i'm lucky if half my posts are egg-related.[p]where are you taking me for our anniversary?
    or should we just stay in with the candles?
    hahahaha[p]i am just so high-larious

ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante