Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

It's WOOSDAY Folks! SHOW US THOSE PICS!!!

Comments

• TRex
    TRex Posts: 2,714
    O.C. Jim,[p]Now THAT'S a steak! Great color - bet it was goooood.[p]Cheers,[p]TRex
  • Celtic Wolf
    Celtic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    mad max beyond eggdome,[p] OK Max what is in the Flank Steak?
  • TRex
    Celtic Wolf,[p]I don't think it was your camera or the rum I think it's the fact that all the delicious steak pics are making me light-headed . . . you've got some serious juice going on in that second picture - VERY nice![p]Cheers,[p]TRex
  • TRex
    stike,[p]That may be the prettiest ribeye I've seen yet. Wow. And how was that '66 for the Big 4 0 ?[p]Cheers,[p]TRex
  • Celtic Wolf
    TRex,[p] I have a hard time T-Rex'ing a steak. I can't get past the Sear part.. :) All my kids think I am a cannibal. I just tell them I was a Wolf in a past life.[p] It was really good..
  • TRex
    thirdeye,[p]Okay, that macro cross-section shot just sent me over the edge. Good grief, man. I feel like a bull seeing red - it's driving me crazy. I've got to have steak soon![p]Cheers,[p]TRex
  • Celtic Wolf,
    they are stuffed with roasted peppers, prociutto, basil and parmesan cheese. .. .the full recipe is located in the eggtoberfest 04 cookbook (on wessb's site and on naked whiz's site). .here is a link for your convenience. . .page 25

[ul][li]http://www.wessb.com/eggtoberfest2004.pdf[/ul]
  • TRex
    mad max beyond eggdome,[p]I agree, Max, and your analogy to the looney toons just made me guffaw very loudly. This thread is just driving me insane - I want steak so bad and all I have in front of me is a dang MetRx bar. But I guess I'm a glutton for pain because I keep looking at these pics.[p]Gotta take a break for a while before I hurt somebody . . .
  • Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    TRex, Dang, them slices would make a serious sandwich.[p]I use a thick coating of Red Eye Express on my lamb.[p]Beers!
    Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • TRex,
    I didn't cook anything worth bragging about lately. But here's one of my Large Egg in action a few nights back.[p]EggJustASmoking.jpg[p]Spring "Laying Low" Chicken
    Springn Texas USA

• stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    TRex,
    the pape clement was the bargain of the '66 suite, and was one of the best so far, believe it or not. i did a lot of scrubbing reviews, and found that most tasters pegged it as one of the better bargains for that vintage.... i happened to track one down, and it was (luckily) perfect.[p]we were also lucky enough to have had one each of a '66Chev. Blanc, '66 L. Rothschild, [p]we have two others left ('66Haut Brion La Mission, and a '66 Gr. Larose)(for new year's eve!) It was a good year! both '66 and '06!

ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,887
    stike,
    it's an uncanny ability I have possessed for years of remembering even minute things about people - OTOH in person I can easily forget names, but I can tell that individual trivia I remember about them. Actually the ability helped me all during my business career. BTW I didn't even mention that at least once you said you had worked as a Chippendale!

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    RRP,
    well, some of what i say, believe it or not, is total horsesh!t.[p]hahaha

ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • Celtic Wolf
    mad max beyond eggdome,[p] Thanks Max. I think I may try your ecipe this week-end.. Though I am a little perplex at your use of canned Parm.. :)

• ...in a certain book by a certain good DrBBQ we know and love...[p]Those shirts are great! Cultured Redneck - lol[p]
  • Celtic Wolf,
    that goes to show how i've changed and matured (at least cooking wise) over the last 4 years. .. you're correct, i no longer use the canned stuff at all. . .definitely go with fresh grated parmesan reggiano if you've got it. ..[p]also, when i do them now, i don't put them in a pan or baking dish anymore. . .i simply put them on the grid set over an inverted plate setter. . .drizzle some of the extra marinade over them every 15 minutes or so ... .

• TRex,[p]Thanks! Here's another one with juicier results..
    rolldone.jpg
    [p]I got lazy and didn't roast/peel the peppers and it was just as good so now I skip that step.

• hayhonker,
    HOLY CRAP. .. .how could i, of all people, forget that. ..man, i'm getting stupider by the moment. ..

• Celtic Wolf
    mad max beyond eggdome,[p] Well my cheese budget has increased.. I gave away the "canned" stuff and the Reggiano is resting comfortably in the refrigerator. It is now on my "There is no substitute" list. Between you and Chez my cheese budget has quadrupled. He got me hooked on Mayfair Bleu Cheese.[p] I assume that you rolled these with the grain so you could cut them against..
  • Celtic Wolf,
    LOL. ..yea, with the stuff that chubby has turned me onto (porano in particular) i do spend some bucks on good cheese. ..but a pound of good reggianno goes a long, long way, especially if you use a micro planer to grate it (it comes out very fluffy that way) ....and after a month or so in the fridge it really develops an even stronger flavor. .. yumm. . .. [p]btw, yes, roll them with the grain so that you cut across the grain ....

• Celtic Wolf
    mad max beyond eggdome,[p] Love Da Cheese.. :) I have a three cheddar Macaroni and Cheese Recipe I make that is the third thing my oldest Son asked for when he come South.. Damn thing cost me more then the rest of the meal. I got the Regianno and the grater at the same time.. [p] I have time to get the Sweet Tater Pie finished before Woosday is over.. Wonder how the Pyrex Pie plate will hold up to the egg.. Should be OK..
  • AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    mad max beyond eggdome,
    We buy large chunks of regianno at Costco, keeps the cost down. I have one of those graters that you squeeze with one hand and crank with the other that we keep filled with it in the fridge. Love that cheese. -RP

• TRex
    AZRP,[p]Great timing - I was getting thirsty.[p]I need to try that beer - you're the second person that's mentioned it lately . . . [p]Cheers,[p]TRex
  • mojopin
    mojopin Posts: 200
    TRex,[p]Ok, I finally got around to finding some photos, not as great as everyone else's, but this is all I have with me at work.
    Some psuedo hanger steaks(flap steaks) and amazing stuffed mushrooms. The butcher at costco not only ragged on the hangers we wanted, but also said these were better. Not even close. But if anyone wants to hear the nasty stuff he said about hangers let me know. The stories don't bother me, I'm still gonna eat 'em!
    steakandmushrooms3.jpg[p]
    Up close of the wannabe hangers.
    steak.jpg[p]
    My mom's cat... I decided to torture her and dress her up!
    cleodressedup.jpg[p]
    -Jill

• TRex
    bobbyb,[p]Wow - I like how you've cut those nice and thick. Looks like some good fat content too.[p]Cheers,[p]TRex
  • TRex
    eggaholic,[p]Dang, I wish my pizzas came out looking that good - nice macro![p]Cheers,[p]TRex
  • TRex
    Lawn Ranger,[p]Looks great, Mike. Whadid ya stuff 'em with?[p]Cheers,[p]TRex
  • TRex
    Spring Chicken,[p]Um, Houston, we have a problem . . . What did you set a bomb off in that thing or something? AWESOME pic, Leroy![p]Cheers,[p]TRex[p]P.S. - I believe the phrase down there in Texas is "just playin' possum"[p]
  • TRex
    mojopin,[p]Those wannabe hangers look better than any I've cooked for sure - great photos. What did you marinate them in, if anything?[p]Nice cat torture, by the way.[p]Cheers,[p]TRex
  • mojopin
    mojopin Posts: 200
    TRex,[p]Dave's Gourmet Soyabi (amazing stuff, I'll bring some to waldorf) and then dusted with DP Tsunami Spin. Basically TRex, then dwell. They were still awesome, but not as good as the hangers. I think that might be what I cook for the Waldorf fest![p]-Jill