Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

prime rib

Options
Tom
Tom Posts: 189
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Just got my egg a month ago. Anyone done a prime rib??

Comments

• ArvadaMan
    Options
    tom,[p]Try this for starters:[p]
    [ul][li]http://www.nakedwhiz.com/madmaxprimerib.htm[/ul]
  • EddieMac
    EddieMac Posts: 423
    Options
    Welcome to the Big Green Egg Cult!.....You're going to have a great time and enjoy some great food along the way....and yes...Prime Rib is AWESOME on the BGE...As good and likely way better than in any 5-star restaurant...[p]Certainly MadMaxx has a great recipe and the results are always awesome...I do mine a bit differently and always with solid results...I like to take a big handfull of garlic cloves...toss them into a food processer with olive oil....salt...pepper...and your favorite dry rub....Grind it all up...into a paste of sorts...and slather it over every inch of that beast....Cook indirect with plate setter....with drip pan in place...Dome temperature at 375 or so....You're looking for 140 middle internal meat temp and that will give you rare in the middle and more done toward the ends...Giving you and your guests meat that's done to their liking...rare...medium rare and medium....[p]Where your fire is concerned...I really like oak chunks..but that's a personal preference and of course you can throw on whatever you like....No matter how you do it...Prime Rib on the BGE is AWESOME!....We buy the Rib Eye roasts in Cryovac from Sam's Club...18 - 20lbs. and we're pretty pleased with those....I'm cooking 4 of these this weekend for my wife's catering company and I'm sure there will be a slab or two left over...hopefully![p]Good luck![p]Ed McLean
    Ft. Pierce, FL

• Woody54
    Woody54 Posts: 148
    Options
    tom,[p]Could not agree more with eddiemac. It's actually my favorite over a T Rex steak, and possibly cheaper, depending on local meat prices and grade used.[p]Try it - you'll like it.[p]Woody