Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pastrami recipe...

Options
Lucky Duck
Lucky Duck Posts: 80
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I saw a recipe for pastrami on D'egg a few weeks ago and didn't save it. Can someone help me w/ it's where-a-bouts?[p]Thanks a mil![p]D' Ever-so-grateful Duck

Comments

• Steeler Fan
    Options
    Lucky Duck, I think you maybe talking about this one, seems to be very comprehensive. Can't remember but I think it was Third Eye who provided the link[p]Joe

[ul][li]http://playingwithfireandsmoke.blogspot.com/1996/05/beef-pastrami.html[/ul]
  • Lucky Duck
    Options
    Steeler Fan,[p]Perfect! Two for the price of one! Thanks to Thirdeye also.[p]Phil, D' grateful Duck
  • Lucky Duck
    Options
    Steeler Fan,
    Again Thanks for the pastrami recipes. One of the ingredients is; Canadian/Montreal Steak seasoning. Sounds like it may be a regional delight, not to be found here-a-bouts. Any ideas what a substitute might be like? Dizzy Pig something or other?[p]Thanks A bil![p]Phil, D' Duck

• Revolution
    Options
    Lucky Duck,
    You should find it in most grocery stores. McCormick makes a Montreal Steak Seasoning. It is one of their "Grill Mates" products.[p]I am in Tallahassee, FL, and buy it at Publix or Winn-Dixie.

• thirdeye
    thirdeye Posts: 7,428
    Options
    Lucky Duck,[p]Canadian seasonings are no-sugar, which I like on beef and usually are a coarser grind. I also like them on poultry and cowboy potatoes. [p]Dizzy Pig does in fact make one called Raising The Steaks. I got two samples in my last order and it is excellent. Tone's is the only grocery store brand I've seen in markets, it is only average quality and like other mass produced rubs, freshness is a gamble. It is however nice and coarse.[p]DP does ship out very quickly, which may be your best bet. If you need something pronto you can use this as a guideline for a quick batch.[p]~thirdeye~[p]Canadian Seasoning
    Ingredients:
    3T coriander seeds
    3T black peppercorns
    4T dried bell pepper (mix green & red bell pepper)
    2T onion flakes
    2T garlic flakes
    2T sea salt
    1T caraway seeds
    2T dill seeds
    1T dried thyme
    1t dried lemon peel[p]Combine all ingredients and grind in a coffee grinder.

Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
  • Wardster
    Wardster Posts: 1,006
    Options
    Lucky Duck,
    I do Ken Stone's recipe and it's tooooo simple and just tooooo good.[p]Corned beef, rinse and throw away spice packet[p]2 tbs black pepper, cracked
    "" granulated garlic
    "" Sugar in the raw[p]1 tbs ginger power.[p]indirect at 250* with hickory for 5-6 hours.[p]Crazy good....

Apollo Beach, FL