Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

HaloGrills Mini BGE Update!

Char-Woody
Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
For those of you that are having a problem getting thru vie e.mail or the telephone, my wiffy called HaloGrills this a.m. inquiring about the progress in either replacement or credit for our damaged mini that was returned 03/08/00.
They have back ordered all the replacement unit's and they should be in the end of this week. They expressed sincere regrets for all the problems and difficulties the past few weeks in areas beyond their control. I am willing to cut them some slack and let em work it out with me. I really would like to get the "baby" of the family.
Cheers to ya all.
Char-Woody

Comments

• Cornfed
    Cornfed Posts: 1,324
    Char-Woody,[p]I'm having a little faith, too. I'm waiting to hear back from an email I sent on Monday. I'll call if I get 10 free minutes during business hours today (as opposed to the 2 free minutes I've taken to read and respond to your post). If not, hopefully someone from there will respond to my email. My mini shell is intact. All I want is a firebox and fire ring. I'll even pay for shipping if I can get these without taking off more time from work to repackage and ship the one sent to me back.[p]Keepin' the faith,
    Cornfed

• Char-Woody
    Cornfed, I hope ya get it, as I too would have preferred your suggested route, but in order for them to re-coupe losses from UPS, they most probably have to have the entire package back for damage claim. Maybe once settled, HaloGrills might be a good source for spare parts?? :-)
    Cheers to ya, ..C~W[p]

• Char-Woody
    Cornfed, I have been suffering a lot of BS (brain slippage) in my posts lately...HalcoGrills, just to set the record straight!! Sorry about the typo.
    I think its this dang cabin fever syndrome in combination of my fear of Hoof and Mouth Disease..With all of what's been occurring on the forum lately, who says it doesn't affect humans?? :-)
    C~W[p][p]

• Cornfed,[p]I finally heard from Hal at HalcoGrills today after three e-mails and one phone call. He told me that my replacement parts would be in this week. Hopefully he will respond to your e-mail. The last e-mail I sent threatened to contest the charge on my card and guess what...instant reply! I would like to cut them slack, but they do need to learn some customer service rules, like...answer e-mails even if you don't have a definite answer. If you ignore your customers, you are going to piss them off!
  • Cornfed
    Cornfed Posts: 1,324
    Mardi,[p]Do you have to ship back the entire Egg or are you just going to have the replacement parts sent to you? That is the option I'd so much prefer. It's very hard to get in touch by phone during business hours. I'm pretty much booked solid from 8am-at least 7pm tomorrow and Friday, so if I don't get an email response, I'll have to wait until Friday to attempt a phone call. I've been hoping to have a meal from the mini each of the past two weekends. It's become apparent I will not get to have one this weekend, either. At this point, I'm hoping for one the following weekend (4 weekends from the date on which I placed my order and more than 3 weeks from the date which my credit card was charged. Gotta love the float...). We shall see...[p]Cornfed[p]Cornfed