Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, see our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Reheating Baby Back Ribs

uncbbquncbbq Posts: 165
edited 4:35PM in EggHead Forum
I'm having a dinner tomorrow night, but have to work tomorrow. So I cooked six racks of babybacks today, no sauce or foil. Test rib was great, not falling off the bone, but just right. Now they are in foil roasting pans, sealed as best I could with heavy duty foil on top, and in the refrigerator. What's the forum's best recommendation on reheating these? They will have been off the egg for 24 hours when reheated. I was planning a little apple juice in the bottom and 250 deg. in the oven for 30-45 minutes, still covered. Will that make them too mushy?[p]Thanks in advance.

Comments

• RichardRichard Posts: 698
    uncbbq,[p]Don't know about the mushy oven project, but have cooked babys on the large, refrigerated and 2-3 days later have heated on the small after having cut in half, indirect, 225-250F dome and lightly saucing and turning every 15 minutes or so for 45 min to an hour. Just stack them up if doing lots and top to bottom rotation.
  • uncbbq,
    Why not add some BBQ sauce, seasonings, vinegar, and herbs to the apple juice? Mix it up and stir it into the ribs.[p]I think the process will work just fine. [p]The micro wave works also. [p]Day old ribs (or two or three) are just fine. They are happier if you add moisture... be it plain water, or a mixture that makes you smile when you sample it! That's my preference.[p]Mike in MN

• uncbbquncbbq Posts: 165
    Thanks for the help from both of you.