Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Thank You Old Dave for Smoked Cheese tips

Options
a stick
a stick Posts: 69
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
On Nov. 11th I was looking at Turkey suggestions for Thanksgiving (ended up spatchcocking a 15 lb bird at 325 for one hour indirect, 45 minutes direct that was perfect after a veggie stock based brine overnight). Old Dave posted with pictures tips for smoking cheese. I love smoked cheese but am wary of the cheap stuff that sits on an unrefrigerated shelf at the store. Reading Dave's posting made the process look rather easy.[p]This week Kansas City-area Hy Vee had .5 lb blocks of cheese for a buck, limit ten. After 3 trips and 30 blocks of cheese (sharp ched, medium ched, monterrey jack, pepper jeck, colby jack, and mozzerella), I smoked them this morning with 3 chunks apple and 2 chunks hickory on top of 5 pieces of lump. Temp outside is 18 degrees, egg temp was 110.[p]After 45 minutes the cheese is perfect. These will make great gifts to hand out to coworkers and neighbors. Thanks Dave!

Comments