Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

freezing butt question

Options
cbs
cbs Posts: 99
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
And no, I'm not talking about our Texas cold front (how can it be this cold after being 80+ degrees yesterday?)[p]Anyway, I'm doing a couple butts this weekend to serve as pulled pork sandwiches at a shindig next Friday. What's the best way to keep it until then? Thanks.

Comments

• Celtic Wolf
    Celtic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    Options
    cbs,[p] Pull it, vacuum pack it and freeze it. If you can't vacuum pack it put it in zip lock bags.[p] I hear tell you could leave it out side right about now.

• EggRacer
    EggRacer Posts: 400
    Options
    cbs,[p]Anyone have a good recipe for egged sleet? Dang it's cold and the wind chill is enormous. Where did my 78 degree day go?
    XLBGE & LBGE
    North Richland Hills, TX
  • cbs
    Options
    Celtic Wolf,[p]Frankly, we're just big wusses. In Austin, at least, it's about 37 now. It's supposed to get down to freezing or lower tonight, but up in the mid to high 50s tomorrow. It's just a big change from hovering around the high 70s low 80s where we've been since it stopped being hot. It was weird putting up Christmas lights last night in shorts and flip flops knowing that today might be cold.

• Grillicious
    Options
    cbs, where abouts in Austin are you? I always like to know when to start sniffing for egg smoke.

• cbs
    Options
    Grillicious,[p]I'm about a 9 iron from the old entrance to Camp Mabry. On a good day, you can probably smell it from Mopac around 35th.