Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We may still be full from Thanksgiving, but that doesn’t mean we’re not already looking forward to a delicious Christmas dinner, too! Keep our Holiday Entertaining Publication handy throughout December for all your holiday dinner needs. But you can also find some of our favorites on our Country Christmas page, including Christmas Ham and Peach Cobbler. Happy cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

hammy ribs

GaDawgGaDawg Posts: 178
edited 4:57AM in EggHead Forum
I usually do my baby backs for 3.5 - 4 hours direct at
250 using nothing but JJ's rub. For my last batch, our
supper got delayed for about an hour, so I wrapped them
in foil, which I have never done before. They were more
"fall off the bone" than I prefer, but the biggest difference
we noticed was a distinct "ham" flavor. Does anyone have
a clue where the ham flavor came from?[p]Thanks,

• djm5x9djm5x9 Posts: 1,342
    GaDawg:[p]You must have gotten yourself some of those hind-quarter ribs . . .

• Tim MTim M Posts: 2,410
    GaDawg,[p]I did ribs like that once. A guy here on the forum pushed the "direct then foil wrap then eat" method. I hated it, it made the ribs way to steamed and soggy. The key to foil use is going direct at the end of the cook to dry them back out a little and firm up the meat. If you didn't cook them more after the foil wrap, that may have caused your problem. Better luck on the next ones.[p][p]Tim