Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Butts on.....

Carl TCarl T Posts: 179
edited 9:46PM in EggHead Forum
Butt_with_JJs_rub.jpg
<p />Mr. Big. First time using JJ's rub on a butt. Full load of lump. Good steady fire. What could be better.[p]Carl T
·

Comments

• Char-WoodyChar-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Carl T, It looks great, let us know the uniformity of this cook when finished. I like that air suspension system.
    C~W[p]

·
  • Carl TCarl T Posts: 179
    Char-Woody,[p]Will do. I put the butt on around 9:30 pm CT. I will insert the polder probe in the morning. It has been holding steady at 240. I will give the lump a gentle stir before I turn in.

·
  • Carl T, looks like a winnah...Yummers!
    C~W

·
  • MickeyTMickeyT Posts: 607
    Carl T,[p]In a food speakin way.....that's a great lookin butt.
    6 pounder Carl?????[p]Looks like you and I have a similar table setup. 1 large and 1 medium is what's goin on @ MickeyT's house.[p]Don't forget to show us your finished product. Can't miss with JJ's rub.[p]Mick

·
  • Carl TCarl T Posts: 179
    MickeyT.,[p]It was about a six pounder. It was on sale at 1.19/lb and cost about 6.50. I always forget to look at the weight on the wrapper before I pitch it.[p]My table has a large and a small egg. I wouldn't part with either.[p]Going to pick up a brisket flat and try my first attempt at jerky tomorrow. I think I am going to use the toothpick method.[p]Carl T
    ·
    Carl,[p]I have done jerky with toothpicks about 12 times now and my experience is that the jerky probably won't all be done at the same time. I pull each pc. off as it looks done. Can't beat the texture of brisket IMHO.[p]Good luck.[p]Mick

·
  • MopMop Posts: 496
    MickeyT.,Is that the cut you prefer for jerky? (brisket)
    Have you tryed outside/inside round yet?
    I would love to try a brisket some time for jerky but it`s not real popular round these parts....
    Flank would be nice but it`s so freakin expensive.[p]I have another 4 pounds of round marinating right now for a afternoon cook tomorrow...[p]Mop!

·
    Mop,[p]BearFan uses that and his jerky is damn near as good as mne. 00
    >[p]I just like the texture of the brisket jerkey.[p]Mick

·