Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

small plate setter pictures

UGAVETUGAVET Posts: 577
edited 12:14PM in EggHead Forum
There has been some interest in the new small plate setter so i thought i would post a few picutures of the one i picked up at the BGE Headquarters this past friday.
Captured2006-11-2600000.jpg
Captured2006-11-2600001.jpg
This is the small BGE pizza stone on top of plate setter
Captured2006-11-2600003.jpg
Here is a loaf of sausage, egg, cheese bread that i did this morning
Captured2006-11-2600007.jpg[p]

Comments

• ugavet,
    hey... do you think placing the pizza stone on the three green egg feet on the plate setter would help not direct as much heat at the gasket and maybe save the gasket or make it last longer?
    i saw someone on here used the feet that way and i've been doing it ever since.

• Hey ugavet,
    Thanks a ton. I was really wanting some nice pics. You provided very well. Let me know all the cooks you use it for please.[p]Mike

• UGAVETUGAVET Posts: 577
    Rick's Tropical Delight,
    i think that definately will help. up till i got the plate setter, i have been using Chubby's Grate Mates which raises the pizza stone higher in the dome and that worked very well.

Car Wash Mike,
    So far i have only done the sausage bread. I did a half fatty using what was left over of my Jimmy Dean sausage for the bread with the platesetter indirect. I plan on doing Calazones tommorow nite.

• ugavet,
    i can't remember who's photo showed the feet under the stone, but all of mine do now.[p]so maybe the key to long life gaskets has been shown here on the forum today?
    - do a few 300-400 degree cooks to 'season' the gasket and set the adhesive.
    - use the three green feet (or other suitable spacer) between the plate setter and pizza stone[p]it all seems to have worked for me or maybe i've just been lucky

• BordelloBordello Posts: 5,926
    ugavet,
    Being as no one asked, how much was it and is that pizza stone for the small or is it the same one used in the medium????[p]Thanks,
    Bordello

Bordello,
    I think it was around $28. The pizza stone is the one used on the medium.

• ronbeauxronbeaux Posts: 988
    ugavet,
    Thanks for posting the pics! That's what I want for Christmas!

• thirdeyethirdeye Posts: 7,428
    227fd50f.jpg
    <p />ugavet,[p]That new one makes my homemade one look so primitive.[p]~thirdeye~

Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
  • RhumAndJerkRhumAndJerk Posts: 1,506
    ugavet,
    I picked one up on Friday as well.
    It looks real neat. I cannot wait to try it out.
    RhumAndJerk