Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

yo Tim!

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
While everyone else has been posting accolades of Ed & BGE coming up with a new thermometer you have one in your possession and you don't live in GA nor appear to be connected with BGE. Care to share how you got it? I also think the questions are open about availability and cost...stands to reason I just recently blew my money on yet another replacement of the "current-el-inferior-o" model.

Comments

• WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    Options
    one feral kat,
    LOL.....yeah...what she said......[p]
    LOL Wess

• Tim M
    Tim M Posts: 2,410
    Options
    one feral kat,[p]As I understand it, a few were sent out to some BGE users to look at , use, abuse, and report on. I wrote BGE a letter last Sept explaining why the plastic lens was coming off and that I had distroyed 2. I was told that BGE was looking into it and that was the last I heard until that box showed up yesterday. You know me, I took a few pictures of it to post when I was told I could. So I did. The old thermometer is fine and works well as long as it does not touch or set too close the the dome lid. A spacer is needed to keep the high heat from warping the plastic lens. The new thermometer looks fine and has a glass face. I may still use the spacers (especially in the small Egg)mainly to raise the tip a little to avoid it poking in the food a skewing the readings.[p]Tim