Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Spreading the love this Valentine’s Day with your EGG? Virginia Willis’ three course menu is perfect for a date night! February is also National Chocolate Lover’s Month, so don’t feel guilty if you’ve been cooking a little more dessert than usual on your EGG. If you’re looking for something a little more savory than chocolate, try some Roasted Chicken Flatbread or Pork Tenderloin with Honey Mustard.

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and the Culinary Center too!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

yo Tim!

edited 1:35PM in EggHead Forum
While everyone else has been posting accolades of Ed & BGE coming up with a new thermometer you have one in your possession and you don't live in GA nor appear to be connected with BGE. Care to share how you got it? I also think the questions are open about availability and cost...stands to reason I just recently blew my money on yet another replacement of the "current-el-inferior-o" model.

Comments

• WessBWessB Posts: 6,937
    one feral kat,
    LOL.....yeah...what she said......[p]
    LOL Wess

• Tim MTim M Posts: 2,410
    one feral kat,[p]As I understand it, a few were sent out to some BGE users to look at , use, abuse, and report on. I wrote BGE a letter last Sept explaining why the plastic lens was coming off and that I had distroyed 2. I was told that BGE was looking into it and that was the last I heard until that box showed up yesterday. You know me, I took a few pictures of it to post when I was told I could. So I did. The old thermometer is fine and works well as long as it does not touch or set too close the the dome lid. A spacer is needed to keep the high heat from warping the plastic lens. The new thermometer looks fine and has a glass face. I may still use the spacers (especially in the small Egg)mainly to raise the tip a little to avoid it poking in the food a skewing the readings.[p]Tim