Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Another Mad Max Turkey Success

NewvilleNewville Posts: 84
edited 5:09PM in EggHead Forum
This is a picture 2 hours into a 4 hour cook (19+ lb at approx 320 grill temp) right after 180 degree spin.
thanksgiving200603_edited.jpg
Ours did not need tenting but browned up just the way we like it. We didn't get the crusted crud which may have been due to the BGE feet tip and the stainless steel roasting pan used (wondering if that will solve my scorching problem on pork butts with apple juice?). Anyway as everyone already reports ... this was probably the moistest bird we have every had (not that the old reynolds bag made a dry bird), had tremendous flavour, allowed us to free up the kitchen for the lesser items and produced great gravy!
thanksgiving200601_edited.jpg
Thanks Max! Do you feel like Santa on the 26th?

Comments

• Newville,
    i'm just enjoying the fact that so many folks had such great success . .. .makes me feel good all over!! ...your bird looks great!! . ..glad it all worked out for you!! ..