Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone enjoyed their Fourth of July weekend and is excited for more warm weather grilling! This week, we’ll be making these two burgers: Stuffed Portobello Mushroom and Caribbean Chicken, and also eating lots of these Ice Cream Sandwiches in honor of National Ice Cream Month! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

small to large T-day

icemncmthicemncmth Posts: 1,157
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
At first I was asked to do pulled pork....for the family.....then I was requested to do turkey breasts. Then I was told that I needed enough meat for 25+!.....[p]So I ended up doing 5 Turkey breasts on Wed....all had sage butter rubbed under the skin..and spiced on the outside...and I smoked using Pecan wood. Total weight of breasts before cook. 51 lbs. [p]Then I picked up two pork loins that were 8 lbs each. I cut them into thirds and cooked the six sections on Thursday morning till the internal temp was 150 and let them sit in the cooler for a couple of hours. The were great. [p]My sauce ..to baste and serve with.[p]2 cups of fresh orange juice
2 T orange zest
2 cans of plain cranberry sauce
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1/2 t cinnamon
1/2 t all spice
1/2 t ground cloves
1/4 cup honey
1 T ground chipotle
salt
pepper[p]The turkey was great and everyone couldn't stop talking about how moist they were...very few left overs[p]Pork ...was all eaten and most people used the sauce on their turkey and dressing...[p][p]Ahh...nothing like being fat and sassy on Thanksgiving..[p]