Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Spreading the love this Valentine’s Day with your EGG? Virginia Willis’ three course menu is perfect for a date night! February is also National Chocolate Lover’s Month, so don’t feel guilty if you’ve been cooking a little more dessert than usual on your EGG. If you’re looking for something a little more savory than chocolate, try some Roasted Chicken Flatbread or Pork Tenderloin with Honey Mustard.

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and the Culinary Center too!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

small to large T-day

icemncmthicemncmth Posts: 1,157
edited 2:06PM in EggHead Forum
At first I was asked to do pulled pork....for the family.....then I was requested to do turkey breasts. Then I was told that I needed enough meat for 25+!.....[p]So I ended up doing 5 Turkey breasts on Wed....all had sage butter rubbed under the skin..and spiced on the outside...and I smoked using Pecan wood. Total weight of breasts before cook. 51 lbs. [p]Then I picked up two pork loins that were 8 lbs each. I cut them into thirds and cooked the six sections on Thursday morning till the internal temp was 150 and let them sit in the cooler for a couple of hours. The were great. [p]My sauce ..to baste and serve with.[p]2 cups of fresh orange juice
2 T orange zest
2 cans of plain cranberry sauce
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1/2 t cinnamon
1/2 t all spice
1/2 t ground cloves
1/4 cup honey
1 T ground chipotle
salt
pepper[p]The turkey was great and everyone couldn't stop talking about how moist they were...very few left overs[p]Pork ...was all eaten and most people used the sauce on their turkey and dressing...[p][p]Ahh...nothing like being fat and sassy on Thanksgiving..[p]