Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
As we round out National BBQ Month, we hope you’ve gotten to try some new recipes that will keep you cooking all summer long. Check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Need fast info. on cooking PIZZA in egg. (times and temps)

edited 11:31AM in EggHead Forum
Need the time and temp on cooking a pizza in the egg. First time cooking pizza and trying to get it done before wife gets home to surprise her. Please help ASAP. Thanks
·

Comments

• SpinSpin Posts: 1,375
    Gentlemanjim,[p]Using a well heated Egg and installed pizza setup, about 6 minutes. Well heated means the Egg needs generous limiting of the top vent to hold the temp to 550°F (bottom vent wide open for the entire cook). Open the top vent wide after insertion of the pie to quickly regain cooking temperature and then regulate using the top again.[p]Spin[p]
    ·
  • ChuckChuck Posts: 812
    pizza2.jpg
    <p />Gentlemanjim, Just did a pizza yesterday. Brought the egg with a pizza stone and plate setter up to 500 degrees. 10 minutes was all it took for a great pizza using spin's sauce and dough recipes. Hope this helps.[p]Chuck <><

·
  • Chuck, Thanks partner! Got to get started. Wife will be home in 30 min.

·
  • Spin,Thanks spin! I will let you all know how it turns out. Cross your fingers.

·
    Gentlemanjim,[p]Fingers are crossed. Post and/or send me an email with the results and your thoughts.[p]Spin

·
    Chuck,[p]I attempted to send you an email and it was returned as user unknown.[p]Please email me. Thanks.[p]Spin

·
  • Spin,Sorry it took so long to respond. Thanks for the help. It turned out pretty good. There was a little part of the crust (on the bottom) that was burned. I dont know what happened. Mayby it was on for to long. Still pretty pleased with the end result. Just like everything else it will get better with practice. I remember my firts steak wasn't all that but now I have people begging me to do my rib eye steak. Thanks again for your quick responce and help!

·