Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

ping Old Dave and Bobby-Q

SandbaggerSandbagger Posts: 977
edited 4:56AM in EggHead Forum
Dave, the smoked sharp cheddar was a hit with the family. Today I took a block to our Dallas office's annual Thanksgiving luncheon. It was a hit there too. I smoked the blocks 60 minutes with pecan and the egg never broke 90 degrees. [p]Bobby-Q is there any problem popping BGE pizza stone(s) in the freezer. I'd like to use them to chill the smoke when doing cheese. I did it Saturday but wonder if I just got lucky. What say you.....?[p]Thanks guys, Tom

Comments

• Bobby-QBobby-Q Posts: 1,993
    Sandbagger,
    They don't really have much of a themral reaction so I'd say without investigating it that it should be fine. [p]Maybe put some ice packs under the cheese while they are smoking?

• Sandbagger,[p]Nice to hear that you enjoyed the cheese. I will try that pecan the next time I do it and with some cheddar.[p]Dave