Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OMG Pastrami.....

Options
Wardster
Wardster Posts: 1,006
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I had wanted to try Bluesmokes recipe for about a year. My buddy came in town and made a comment how he had been craving a pastrami sammie for a couple of weeks. Done deal, I know what I'm cooking.[p]Holy cow!!! I can't believe how great it turned out. It shot to a top 5 all time egged dishes.[p]Thanks Ken. I'll be cooking this often. See you soon.[p]Billy
Apollo Beach, FL

Comments

• egret
    egret Posts: 4,170
    Options
    Billy,
    Can't find this recipe anywhere. Can you steer me in the right direction?

• QBabe
    QBabe Posts: 2,275
    Options
    Wardster,[p]Sounds like Sat lunch - sandwich course to me!!![p]Tonia
    :~)

• Richard
    Richard Posts: 698
    Options
    egret,
    John, does this help?[p] Beef, Brisket, Corned, Pastrami, Bluesmoke
    [p]1 4-5 Lbs. Corned Beef Brisket (point or flat)
    2 Tbs. Garlic, Granulated, divided
    1 Tbs. Ginger, Ground, divided
    2 Tbs. Sugar, Turbindo, divided
    2 TBs. Pepper, Black, Course Grind, divided
    QUANTITIES ARE APPRX, ADJUST TO TASTE

1 Rinse corned beef thoroughly; discard spice packet. Soak in tepid water for 1 hour.
    2 Pat dry with paper towels and allow to air dry for 10-15 minutes. Sprinkle on spices in this order: granulated garlic, ginger, turbindo sugar and black pepper. Use one-half of the spices on each side. Press spices into the brisket, cover or bag and refrigerate at least 24 hours. ( you can hold the spiced brisket as long as a week with no harm done.)
    3 To cook, stabilize BGE at 250°F and add 2-3 chunks hickory. Place the brisket on a sheet of aluminum foil, folding the sides up around the meat. (do not fully enclose the meat.) Place direct on grill and cook 3-4 hours @250° F, to an internal temperature of 190-200° F.
    4 Remove, cover and allow to settle 10-15 minutes before slicing..Slice cross-grain as thin as possible.

Recipe Type
    Beef, Main Dish

Recipe Source
    Author: Ken Stone & Diana, AKA "Bluesmoke"[p]Source: BGE Eggtoberfest '05, BlueSmoke

[p]

• egret
    egret Posts: 4,170
    Options
    Richard,
    Yes, that helps a bunch, my man! Thank you.........

• Wardster
    Wardster Posts: 1,006
    Options
    egret,
    Richard got it. I did it indirect though and added a little more pepper.

Apollo Beach, FL