Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Cheese cake

Options
ronbeaux
ronbeaux Posts: 988
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
cheesecake007.jpg
<p />OK, i couldn't wait for it to completely chill so I cut it. back in the fridge it goes.

Comments

• Rollocks
    Rollocks Posts: 570
    Options
    That looks increggible!
  • Rollocks
    Rollocks Posts: 570
    Options
    You've got to post the recipe! You just have to!
  • Tony
    Tony Posts: 224
    Options
    ronbeaux,[p]Hey ronbeaux, It looks great, but what is the big deal? It's just a cheese cake. It's not like you cooked it in the egg or anything. But with that said, I'll have a peice at half-time. [p]GEAUX TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!![p]
  • ronbeaux
    Options
    Tiger Tony,
    I did cook it in the egg. That was the easy part. It's all that mess I left in the kitchen to clean up thats tough![p]geaux tigers!!

• Tony
    Tony Posts: 224
    Options
    ronbeaux,[p]aaaaaaaah,OOOhhh!!!!...SORRY!!![p]I didn't see your other post about the cheesecake.[p]Well I'll be damn......egg cooked cheesecake.[p]Good job.[p]Ron, HELP! I can't find the LSU football game in the channel listings. Please don't tell me it's not on TV.[p][p]
  • Darnoc
    Darnoc Posts: 2,661
    Options
    ronbeaux,
    Looks real good Ron.Cream cheese,sour cream,cracker crumbs and, I dont know what your secret filling is .It can make a clean up job in the kitchen.A little tip on the finished product.Put the cake in the oven under the broiler and let it bubble and get brown on the top.Watch it and rotate as necessary.Have a great turkey(pulled pork) day.

• ronbeaux
    Options
    Tiger Tony,
    OK, I won't tell you that it's not on the TV listings. Tiger vision only!!!!! damn

• ronbeaux
    Options
    darnoc,
    I was gonna post some huge step by step thing then thought better. No secret. The filling is apple dipping caramel and pecans. No sour cream. Just cream cheese, vannila, 2 eggs and sugar. The crust is graham crackers and pecans with butter to make it set. Cooked at 350 for about an hour.
    That broiler thing sounds good! I'll try it, thanks.

cheesecake003.jpg[p]
    cheesecake002.jpg[p]

• Peanut
    Peanut Posts: 75
    Options
    ronbeaux,
    That picture makes me want to break my diet! How am I going to survive this Thanksgiving! Please share your recipe. I printed your picture and it sits next to my computer! LOL. We LOVE cheesecake--and EGG'ed....that may be a challenge for me but I can try. Thanks in advance.