Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Spreading the love this Valentine’s Day with your EGG? Virginia Willis’ three course menu is perfect for a date night! February is also National Chocolate Lover’s Month, so don’t feel guilty if you’ve been cooking a little more dessert than usual on your EGG. If you’re looking for something a little more savory than chocolate, try some Roasted Chicken Flatbread or Pork Tenderloin with Honey Mustard.

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and the Culinary Center too!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Jerked Chicken

CornfedCornfed Posts: 1,324
edited 5:44AM in EggHead Forum
This post is not to share a groundbreaking recipe or anything, but just thought I'd share my 20 minute prep bachelor dinner. Lit the small BGE, threw on 4 chicken breasts seasoned only with salt and some Walkerswood Jamaican Jerk. Grilled direct between 300 and 350. Sliced up one of the breasts and put it on a nice multigrain roll and drizzled some Stubbs Q sauce on top. Ended up slicing up half of another breast to eat on the side with some more Stubbs as a dipping sauce. The complementary side was a bowl of Campbells Cheddar Baked Potato with Bacon soup (not done on the BGE, for the record). Throw in some Surfer Cooler made from powdered drink mix and it was a party waiting to happen![p]Not exactly the kind of meal you'd want to serve to impress anyone, but that simple Jerked chicken had a very nice flavor and a serious amount of bite which was complented nicely with the Q sauce.[p]I likey the BGE,
Cornfed

Comments

• NoleGirlNoleGirl Posts: 33
    Cornfed,
    I'm impressed!! I don't think you can cook anything on this wonderful cooking machine and not impress everyone. Hey, but as long as you were happy, nothing else really matters!! Lisa

• Char-WoodyChar-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Cornfed, you keep posting stuff like that and you will create a earthquake on the east coast..:-) kidding but it sound great..I have some Walkersford that needs exercise.
    Cheers to ya..good job.
    C~W

• J AppledogJ Appledog Posts: 1,046
    Ouch, Char-Woody.

• Char-WoodyChar-Woody Posts: 2,642
    J Appledog, and some of yours too,,but I save the best for last..:-)
    C~W