Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Thinking of throwing out the stove!!

NoleGirl
NoleGirl Posts: 33
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Well, the gas grill went within a week of the Egg's debut. Now with the price of gas I'm thinking that the stove might be next. Has anyone here thrown theirs out yet....maybe keep the stove; throw out the oven!! Lisa

Comments

• NoleGirl,
    I've had mine for 3 months and haven't used the stove since. It would leave a pretty big whole in the kitchen though. Thanks for the advice on the earlier post about the "pulled beef." How did yours come out?? What rub did you use and how did you cook it?

• Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    View?u=1386188&a=10342960&p=35579523
    <p />NoleGirl, This little jewel hasn't been uncovered since July 5th, 2000. I quess the next time I take the cover off will be to try and sell it. Only problem. Where to hide the Eggs.[p]CWM

• MADDAWG,
    Mine was a bone in chuck roast, and I kept the temps around 250-275. I used a rub called W'HAM that I picked up at Barbeque's Galore. You can order it by calling 1-800-737-WHAM. It's from Memphis, and I really like it for ribs, pork chops....all kinds of things. I threw in some Jsck Daniels chips as I put the roast on. I seared both sides 1st and then lowered the temps and let her go. It was the best chuck roast I've ever had. I'm sure that some of these PRO- Eggers know a lot better than me though. Eggsperiment and have fun!!! Lisa

• NoleGirl
    NoleGirl Posts: 33
    Car Wash Mike,
    Now that would be a hard sell!! You'd better celebrate Easter early and hide those Eggs!! Lisa

• Huck
    Huck Posts: 110
    NoleGirl,
    In all seriousness, keep the gas grill. I use mine with a cast iron skillet to sear my prime ribs. I would do this inside but it smokes up the house too much.