Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Brining mistake turns into GOLD!!!

Options
Midnight Smoker
Midnight Smoker Posts: 273
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Just took my Boston Butt that I brined for 5 days, by mistake, off the EGG. Rubbed with a little brown sugar and then cooked at 325 until it hit 150 degrees ....around 4 hours. I'll tell ya..........tasted mighty fine and I WILL DEFINTLY do it again....SOON! Came out a cross between BBQ and pork roast. I don't think I have ever had a fresh ham.....I guess this is what it would taste like. All in all....VERY EASY AND FAST.....except the 5 day brine part. Paul

Comments

• thirdeye
    thirdeye Posts: 7,428
    Options
    Midnight Smoker,[p]See, you got all nervous for nuttin'. If it was good coming off the cooker, wait until you taste some lightly fried up for breakfast, or sliced thin on a grilled sandwich with cheese and garlic butter.[p]Care to share your brine recipe and resting time? I'm into cured meats and always like to compare notes.[p]~thirdeye~

Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
  • Wardster
    Wardster Posts: 1,006
    Options
    thirdeye,
    That's great. A total blunder turned into a tasty meal. It's what the egg is all about!!!

Apollo Beach, FL