Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone enjoyed their Fourth of July weekend and is excited for more warm weather grilling! This week, we’ll be making these two burgers: Stuffed Portobello Mushroom and Caribbean Chicken, and also eating lots of these Ice Cream Sandwiches in honor of National Ice Cream Month! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

How much dough?

FireballFireball Posts: 354
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
How many average size calzones does Sprinter's Calzone dough recipe make? Average? About 8 inches long and 4 inches wide. It will be a Calzones Saturday. I will report back with the results. Thank you .
Fireball

Comments

• Tim MTim M Posts: 2,410
    czone2.jpg
    <p />Fireball,[p]If it has about 3-4 cups of flour, it should make two 10" calzones. I make pizza and calzones with the same dough and I can get 2 10" pies which, when folded over the already cooked toppings, becomes calzone. Enjoy.[p]Tim
    [ul][li] Tim M's[/ul]
  • sprintersprinter Posts: 1,188
    Fireball,[p]That recipe makes two pretty good size calzones. Mine are usually about 10-12 inches across. Be sure not to let the edges of the calzones go over the edge of your cooking stone as the crust will burn quickly at these high heats. Then, that burnt crust smoke will penetrate the rest of the dough as well. Just a note from experience, keep the whole calzone on the stone. Good luck with them and I look forward to hearing about the results.[p]Troy