Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

more turkey questions

UGAVETUGAVET Posts: 577
edited 2:05PM in EggHead Forum
Guess its that time of year that all the repeat turkey questions are going to pile up. I have a technical question regarding the set up. Typically with turkey or chicken i have an inverted plateseter legs up with grill on top of legs and alluminum pan on platesetter with turkey in v rack. If im doing an large 20+ pound bird as Mad Max has suggested can be done on the large, can you put the alluminum pan on the platesetter and set the V rack with turkey right in the pan on the platesetter without using the grid. Does this get the bird too close to the fire even though it is indirect. Seems that it would give quite a bit more head room with the dome if the bird is sitting down on the inverted platesetter. This is my favorite time of year. I love turkey and dressing.

Comments

• ugavet,
    see my method to how i get the roasting pan lower in the egg using the plate setter feet up. ...you don't want the roasting directly on the plate setter though. .you need a little air between the two. .. i use the little green BGE feet that come with the egg .. .but you could use anything else like rolled up balls of aluminum foil or pieces of copper tubing, etc to achieve the same thing. ...HTH