Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

CARE OF OUTSIDE OF EGG

Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
ANY HINTS OR SUGGESTIONS ON KEEPING THE OUTSIDE OF EGG LOOKING LIKE NEW..ALSO I'M NOT MUCH OF A CARPENTER AND WAS THINKING OF GETTING ONE OF THE TABLES...THANKS....THANK YOU FOR SUGGESTIONS ON SKINNING RIBS,BUT I'M STILL A HACK AT IT. JOHN

Comments

• Fireball
    Fireball Posts: 354
    JOHN B/ST.CLAIR,
    When buying that table, purchase a BGE cover for it. I have a cover on both of my eggs they keep them clean and dry in the rain and snow. Covers are well worth the cost.[p]Since you live on the east side of the state, why don't you plan on coming over to Rockford, MI on August 18th to the Michigan Summer Egg-Fest. Plan on having fun, eating very good "Q", and meeting other BGE owners. If you have any question E-mail me, or ask them on this Forum.
    Fireball[p]

• Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    JOHN B/ST.CLAIR, Cleaning up on the outside of the egg is your option..I do mine about mid summer every year with "Spring Green" or similar product and a piece of very fine steel wool. Most citrus base cleaners work to some degree. Its as hard as pulling membranes, alkmost :-)[p]If you find the membrane pull is too hard to accomplish, then make small slit's between the bones, membrane side, and forget it. You probably won't notice too much difference.
    Good luck..
    C~W[p]

• For about $8.00, you can buy a cylindrical Char-Broil
    cover #4184835 from Home Depot, Sears, etc., that fits a large very well.