Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Rump Roast Help

Uncle DaveUncle Dave Posts: 54
edited 7:53AM in EggHead Forum
Good morn to all. My wife who does no wrong has droped a bottle of sauce on my glass top range and shattered it. I'm cooking on the egg a lot more stuff while me decided what to do. Saers wants 400 for the part, think I'll just get a whole new range. On a 4lb rump roast I want to cook on a vrack with a drip pan. My question is wife's not happy with montrel or any of these pepper taste rubs. What can I use? Onion soup mix? Seasonal salt ? I need some help on this. I noticed lawry"s had several maranades at the store. Help! Uncle dave
·

Comments

• YBYB Posts: 3,861
    Uncle Dave,
    Italian dressing works good with beef,marinade the roast for 6 to 8 hours and cook on the egg.[p]Larry

·
  • FireballFireball Posts: 354
    Uncle Dave,
    Try This.[p]1/3 Teriyaka sauce
    1/3 Frozen pineapple concentrate ( use the container to measure the other ingredients)
    1/3 Burgandy ( I use a Solera Cream Sherry)
    Marinate for a least 18-24 hours[p]I have used this one several times on different cuts of beef with great results.
    Fireball[p]

·
  • JimWJimW Posts: 450
    Uncle Dave,
    Stubbs makes a great beef marinade. You should be able to get it at the supermarket.
    JimW

·
  • Char-WoodyChar-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Uncle Dave, My first thought when I read your post was a simple dusting of Lysanders Beef Rub, or JJ's Rub, (no salts in JJ's) until I read the rest of the good suggestions. I kinda like the marinates too...Who needs a inside stove?? (Kidding)
    Good luck...
    C~W[p][p][p]

·