Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Here are some of our new favorite non-beef burgers: Italian Turkey Burger, Grilled Tuna Burger and Goat Cheese Portobello Burger. You’ll want to perfect these before football season starts up in a few weeks! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

6 lb. oven roaster..... need times and temps

NoleGirlNoleGirl Posts: 33
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I just bought a 6 lb oven roaster and I am about to put it on the egg. I'm using the vertical chicken roaster, and I just need some tips on rubs, times, temps, you guys know- you're always helpful. Thanks in advance. Lisa

Comments

• SundownSundown Posts: 2,855
    NoleGirl,
    Internal temp at about 165º - 170º
    I generally put the polder in the breast some fol;ks use the leg. I think the average time will be about 3 - 4 hours at 350º dome temp. Seems to me it takes about 15/20 minutes a pound...I think.
    Sorry to be so vague but I just kind of 'feel' my way now days.
    My wife and I have had some of the best chicken with just butter smeared all over the bird. JJ's is good but ...
    good luck[p]Carey

• ZipZip Posts: 372
    NoleGirl,[p]This may be late, but a simple salt and pepper or your favorite rub and olive oil on the skin. I cook 'em at 425º - 450º for about 10 minutes a pound until it reaches 170º in the thigh. Remove from cooker and allow it rest for about 10 more minutes before carving. [p]Zip