Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for football and tailgating? We are! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. If you need an easy breakfast recipe, these Sticky Buns are the way to go. If you’re looking for a fan favorite with bacon, try these Double Pork Sliders. We can’t wait to kick off another fall full of tasty food!

Coming to Atlanta for EGGtoberfest? Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340 - NOTE we are CLOSED on Saturday OCT 10th for EGGtoberfest.

Freezing "Sprinter's" dough

FireballFireball Posts: 354
edited 11:12AM in EggHead Forum
Has anyone ever frozen "Sprinter's" calzone dough? Is there any degradation in flavor or flakiness? I think it will be calzones this weekend. Thanks

• Char-WoodyChar-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Fireball, Odd that I should post and then see yours when I refreshed me screen. No problem in freezing dough. If only a few days from now..just bag it in a air tight zip bag and refrigerate it..Same as slow rise in a covered bowl.
    Good luck..happy calzone.

• Fireball,[p]I freeze pizza dough all the time on purpose. I like the texture better than "fresh" dough. It's not as "bready" and I prefer a drier, crispy crust. I also find the flavor is much better.[p]Peddler

• sprintersprinter Posts: 1,188
    Fireball,[p]I've frozen it with no ill effects at all. just wrap it in plastic wrap and then in foil or another ziplock and you're in.[p]Troy