Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Bobby-Q's Weekend

Options
Poppasam
Poppasam Posts: 440
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Some of you might not know but Bobby spent his weekend assisting David on the Jack's Ole South team at Douglas Ga."Best of the Best" contests. They had a great showing in the Invitational and the Open. Myron was at the Milledgeville contest and had good words to say about Bobby's help. Tell us how it turned out Bobby.[p]Looking forward to another Great Weekend,
Poppasam

Comments

• Bobby-Q
    Bobby-Q Posts: 1,994
    Options
    Poppasam,
    It was a crazy weekend to say the least. Started with a phone being left at home, discovering a broken EGG, appreciating how great the EGGs are at maintaining temp without any effort especially for overnight cooks and appreciating what goes into to being a championship team.[p]David was a ton of fun and taught me a bunch of things. We ended up finishing 3rd overall in the BOTB (Best of the Best) with a first place pork, third place rib, and a 3rd place whole hog. The scond day we finished reserve grand out of 67 teams with a 2nd in ribs, third in pork, and 2nd in whole hog.[p]It was a ton of work but an overall pretty amazing experience. I'd be happy to cook with David or Myron or both of them again and felt pretty honored that they asked me to help them in the first place.[p]