Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Report on Grillin' Weekend

CajunCajun Posts: 147
edited 8:30AM in EggHead Forum
Friday evening, put some filets and a venison roast in the fridge marinating for the weekend. The filets had seasoning and virgin olive oil, while the venison has some bottled marinate injected with seasoning and virgin olive oil on the exterior.[p]Saturday morning, put the meat in the freezer for about 45 minutes, put the egg at 300 degrees, misquette (sp?) chips on the coals bringing the egg to 200 degrees, and smoked both for about 45 minutes.[p]Removed the filets and had the venison roast on a rack in a tin foil pan and left it at 200 to 225 for about 6 hours. It was about a three pounder when I started.[p]Crusty outside, tender as all heck inside.[p]Sunday, put the fillets on about 500 degrees with more smoke and chowed down like crazy.[p]This newbie loves me egg[p]Cajun
·

Comments

• Nature BoyNature Boy Posts: 8,341
    Cajun, Yeeeeeeeeee haaaaa! You be stylin and smylin.
    Would love to try that venison. I need to try injecting more stuff too. Cornfed's injected loin sounded awesome.
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    ·