Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Plain old hamburgers(store bought)argh!

Mop
Mop Posts: 496
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I`m going to do some burgers on the egg cause the winds today are brutal....
I have not used the egg for burgs yet.....is there anything special I should know?[p]High heat?
Lid open/closed?[p]Mop!

Comments

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Mop,
    make your burgers fatter arounf the edges, and thinner in the middle.They will cook up nice nd flat so that the cheese and sacue doesn't run off. Assuming they are about 1/3 pound burgers, cook direct at a stabilized 450. 4-5 minutes per side. Lay on a slice of onion maybe, some Q sauce, and a slice or two of cheese. Dwell for 4-5 minutes until cheese is melted.[p]CW got me started on these. Yum.
    Cheers!
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Sorry, just reread your post. Store-bought 1/4 pound burgers maybe 3 minutes a side at 450, then dwel til cheese is melted. Plenty of pepper on em.
    NB

• Mop
    NB,thank you sir......your instructions for cooking REAL burgers sounds soooo much better though....lol[p]thanks..their goin on right after this post is sent..[p]Mop!

• JJ
    JJ Posts: 951
    Mop,
    Since they are pre made use 2 to make 1 burger. Place some bleu cheese in the center and pinch the edges together. EGG to 500 or so *s and cook for about 4 min per side and dwell for another 4-5. This will get you a good medium bleu cheese burger.

• Mop
    JJ, Too late sir, all gone!..lol[p]That sounds great, I`ll try that for sure sometime...
    These burgers were huge, If I was to make one burger out of two I would have had to climb up to eat them..lol
    Really, they were big...
    Thanks!
    Mop!

• Mop
    View?u=1263961&a=9351385&p=42012227
    <p />Thanks gentlemen, I was a little leary of burgers on anything but my trusty Metal cooker, but these were unfriggin real.....So juicy and flavourful!...
    I cooked eight so the grill was loaded up pretty good...
    My wife bit into one first and just said.."try it"....I did and loved them...
    I sent a pic of me toasting you all who help me "look" like I know what I`m doing........thanks..[p]Mop![p]

• Tim M
    Tim M Posts: 2,410
    snowegg2.jpg
    <p />Mop,[p]Glad the burgers came out so well! I hauled my gas grill out behind the shed two years ago and have never used it since. I don't miss it either.[p]Nice picture of you up there in the frozen north. Try to remember to remove that blue haze filter next time. <G> :-)[p]Say hi to all the other Egg'ers up there in Canada for me (Earl/Barb - BBQfan1).[p]Tim
  • Mop
    Tim M,Thanks Tim.......It`s a borrowed camera and I just know how to take pics with it nothing more.....It`s digital and I know nothing about them....
    It`s a Sony MVC FD73....it seems that the only good clear pics I can take are really close up pics..any pics from a distance are crap!..
    Thanks..[p]Mop!