Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It feels as though we’ve waited forever for college football to start, and finally the wait is over! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are sure to become fan favorites. As an added bonus, the day before Labor Day is National Bacon Day and we don’t know about you, but we like putting bacon on anything and everything, so we’ll definitely be celebrating that. It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

How Do I Know When?

RhumAndJerkRhumAndJerk Posts: 1,506
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
How do I know when Beef Jerky is done? I am 5.5 hours into the cook. The temperature has been between 190 and 200. We have had a major windstorm all day and the egg has held its temperature. [p]On Friday when I went to the West Side Market, I asked my beef guy what the best cut for Jerky would be. He told me to come back in ten minutes and he would set me up. He cut two pounds of very lean looking beef sliced nicely. He said that he gets it from various places on the carcass and it is perfect for jerky. [p]When I got home, I put it in a Gfw/NB combination marinade with two heaping tablespoons of Mrs. Dogs Jerk. There it sat until this morning when I fired up the egg and piled on the beef in grill wok. Every half hour since, I have been rearranging the pile.[p]I have two side points of interest from yesterday. I had to watch my parents purchase a new gas grill. I was amazed at the price paid and what you got. I will not mention the name, but it begins with W and ends with r. By the way, how are meat juices dripping on hot metal supposed to Flavorize meat? [p]The other unfortunate thing that happened was that my butcher of 14 years has sold his business. The place is the same, the meat looks the same but I feel a loss. I purchased my normal order, but we shall see.[p]Happy Grilling,
RhumAndJerk
[p]

Comments