Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

JJ's Rub

Carl TCarl T Posts: 179
edited 11:54AM in EggHead Forum
JJs_rub_ingredients.jpg
<p />Last weekend, I made up my first batch of JJ's rub. Slathered two slabs of spares with mustard and applied JJ's rub. Did them 4 hours at around 250-260. They turned out very very tender.[p]My mom is in a nursing home. She always liked BBQ so I called ahead and got permission to bring the ribs to her table for lunch. Her and the three ladies she eats with dug in and threw out the bones. You never seen a group of senior citizens move so fast. The other tables were really eyeing them up. I also used it on two pork tenderloins I grilled earlier in the week. I must say that JJ's rub is simply exquisite. The flavor and aroma of the finished product is just unbeleivable. I just finished making up a double batch to split with my boss at work (another egger).[p]I'm sure it has been said before, but I would like to thank JJ for sharing his recipe with the group.[p]Carl T[p]
·

Comments

• Char-WoodyChar-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Carl T, carefull now, we all knew that, but we didn't want to tell JJ...:-)
    Grinnin...C~W[p]

·
  • JJJJ Posts: 951
    Carl T,
    Glad you enjoy the rub and more so that, you made your Mom and her friends happy. Your a good Son!!!
    JJ

·