Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Spare Rib/Beans cooked together. Suggestions?

Nature BoyNature Boy Posts: 8,342
edited 7:58AM in EggHead Forum
Cat's Babyback recipe with spare ribs again tonight. They have been marinating since last night. I have 2 half slabs (the smaller half), but they are a pretty good size. Anyway, I want to cook a pan of beans, in cast iron, on the egg along with the ribs. Any suggestions for setup??[p]Ribs in Rack, beans beside, all over direct heat at 225??
Any other suggestions?[p]I will be cooking in the height of the storm. Cool.DC is supposed to get hit again with another snowstorm. Snow west, and ice east. Crazy weather.
Thanks. Enjoy the super bowl.
NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
·

Comments

• djm5x9djm5x9 Posts: 1,342
    Nature Boy:[p]Hmmmmmm! Thought about that. Ribs on bottom with rack above for cast iron Dutch oven? Ribs and beans at same temperature just might work. Might be easier to crank up two eggs . . .

·
  • Nature BoyNature Boy Posts: 8,342
    djm5x9,
    Didn't think of two eggs! I don't think my pan will fit in the small. Maybe I will do the ribs in a rack on Junior, and the big pan-o-beans on senior? Thanks for jogging my slow brain.[p]Have fun
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    ·