Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Spare Rib/Beans cooked together. Suggestions?

Nature BoyNature Boy Posts: 8,399
edited 10:11AM in EggHead Forum
Cat's Babyback recipe with spare ribs again tonight. They have been marinating since last night. I have 2 half slabs (the smaller half), but they are a pretty good size. Anyway, I want to cook a pan of beans, in cast iron, on the egg along with the ribs. Any suggestions for setup??[p]Ribs in Rack, beans beside, all over direct heat at 225??
Any other suggestions?[p]I will be cooking in the height of the storm. Cool.DC is supposed to get hit again with another snowstorm. Snow west, and ice east. Crazy weather.
Thanks. Enjoy the super bowl.
NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings

Comments

• djm5x9djm5x9 Posts: 1,342
    Nature Boy:[p]Hmmmmmm! Thought about that. Ribs on bottom with rack above for cast iron Dutch oven? Ribs and beans at same temperature just might work. Might be easier to crank up two eggs . . .

• Nature BoyNature Boy Posts: 8,399
    djm5x9,
    Didn't think of two eggs! I don't think my pan will fit in the small. Maybe I will do the ribs in a rack on Junior, and the big pan-o-beans on senior? Thanks for jogging my slow brain.[p]Have fun
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings