Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Life Is Good

BOBF
BOBF Posts: 177
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum

BGE - thanks for the Eggtoberfest. Had a good time and it was nice to me a lot of the regulars on this board.[p]Took some extra days after the fest to enjoy the Highland Games and visit a friend in North GA. The mountains and colors were beautiful - went thru what I believe is Neals Gap on the way to Ivy Log. Heavy rains had washed a lot of trout out of the trophy streams and some big fish were being caught in the area.[p]Did a 15 hour cook yesterday (2 - 6# briskets and 3 - 4# pork roasts on the XL with some of Dos Huevos' WGCB. Loaded up with 12# - 14# and had 5+ left after the cook. I have cooked briskets for 30 years and have never been satisfied. I guess the perfect brisket has yet to be cooked, but I am at least getting reasonable good at it.[p]This AM was 65 degrees, not a cloud in the sky and tiny breeze. Decided to clean the the egg by a high temp burn - it was just to pretty not to have smoke in the air. Drives the local dogs nuts and gets the golfers attention.[p]One neighbor asked it I would cook him some chicken as the smells were driving him nuts. Another came over to thank me for the Raging River I gave him and dropped off a cooler of Speckled trout and redfish - not a bad trade.[p]I knew owning a pickup truck would guarantee you friends, but a BGE doesn't hurt either. Sorry for the rambling, but I wanted to share.