Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Alive but not well smoked!

Options
Rotor
Rotor Posts: 53
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hey Gang,[p]I'm still lurking around but between work crisis' (what do you mean they won't pay the invoices!!!!) and a month long round of who has the flu bug in the family this week. I haven't had much time for anything.[p]Did want to let the folks who helped out with the venison recipes that we did a 8lb rib roast a couple of weeks back. Tried a slower roast than usual and added a hickory a couple of times (thanks to not Jo I now have a weber hinged grill. My friends from BC who rarely buy meat with all the deer/moose they get out there said it was the best venison they have ever had. :)[p]Cheers,[p]Dave

Comments

• Mop
    Mop Posts: 496
    Options
    Rotor,welcome back sir, Hope all is well with you now...[p]
    Mop!

• Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Options
    Rotor, venison seems to be trendy lately..good to see ya back and cookin great chow..!!
    C~W[p]

• not Jo
    not Jo Posts: 22
    Options
    Rotor,
    Ugh so sorry to hear about the flu dance. We just finished that too. It was some powerful stuff this year. The roast sounds wonderful. I have fond memories of a moose roast I had as a youngster but other than that never had any other wild meat. I bet the egg would really be the perfect way to cook game. The low slow heat has to break down even the toughest fiber <sigh> now I'm hungry![p]I'm glad you enjoyed the weber hinged grill recommendation. Just be grateful you didn't read my Sony Digital Camera recommendation or the damage to your wallet coulda been a LOT worse LOL :D
    Jo