Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Alive but not well smoked!

RotorRotor Posts: 53
edited 11:42PM in EggHead Forum
Hey Gang,[p]I'm still lurking around but between work crisis' (what do you mean they won't pay the invoices!!!!) and a month long round of who has the flu bug in the family this week. I haven't had much time for anything.[p]Did want to let the folks who helped out with the venison recipes that we did a 8lb rib roast a couple of weeks back. Tried a slower roast than usual and added a hickory a couple of times (thanks to not Jo I now have a weber hinged grill. My friends from BC who rarely buy meat with all the deer/moose they get out there said it was the best venison they have ever had. :)[p]Cheers,[p]Dave
·

Comments

• MopMop Posts: 496
    Rotor,welcome back sir, Hope all is well with you now...[p]
    Mop!

·
  • Char-WoodyChar-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Rotor, venison seems to be trendy lately..good to see ya back and cookin great chow..!!
    C~W[p]

·
  • not Jonot Jo Posts: 22
    Rotor,
    Ugh so sorry to hear about the flu dance. We just finished that too. It was some powerful stuff this year. The roast sounds wonderful. I have fond memories of a moose roast I had as a youngster but other than that never had any other wild meat. I bet the egg would really be the perfect way to cook game. The low slow heat has to break down even the toughest fiber <sigh> now I'm hungry![p]I'm glad you enjoyed the weber hinged grill recommendation. Just be grateful you didn't read my Sony Digital Camera recommendation or the damage to your wallet coulda been a LOT worse LOL :D
    Jo

·