Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, see our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Finally home after Eggtoberfest! Thanks all around!

mojopinmojopin Posts: 200
edited 3:03PM in EggHead Forum
We had a great time at our first eggfest! Thanks to everyone that made it worthwhile![p]At first glance things were a bit overwhelming. [p]At the meet and greet I really only met about 5 people. Kind of kept to myself, like I usually do..... I was the girl in the ankle boot cause of a bum ankle btw. I met JonW and his father JimW and Jon's Aunt and Uncle. They were awesome. Jon, thanks so much for making it great and especially for the beer. I met up with DrBBQ and Diane from Tarinton Tank and I met Snoopy Dog Dog.[p]The day of the fest we got there a little late... but better late than never. The beds at the Townplace Suites were horrible! LOL... So we checked into the Hampton Inn after the fest. [p]I was a little worried at first... we walked around down below... didn't meet anyone at all. Finally I decided it was time to cook at around 11:30 up top by registration. Thanks to Ray (drbbq) who totally talked me into cooking. I had a blast after that. Yeah, I didn't get to walk around and taste everyone's food, but I made Nathan, bring me as much as he could. I met a lot of great people but I know I missed a lot of them.[p]They guys next to me making Pizza, Billy and his "Beaver BBQ" Crew... no idea if it was the beer that got him to make up that name or if it was real. LOL But he was great and so was the pizza. [p]DJ and his sister Tia were awesome, they hung out with me while the raffle was being called out. [p]GrillGurl and her husband... I'm pretty sure they were married :)[p]And a bunch of other passers by.[p]The After Party was where I had the most fun though. Thanks to Shiner Bock and Thanks to Spawn aka Sydney. We totally had a ton of things in common. Thank you so much Sydney!
Here I finally got to talk one on one with Chris Capel, TRex, and JonW, and I got to meet Mad Max (thanks for turning me on to hanger steak) and a bunch of other great people. I hope to see you all again in Waldorf![p]I couldn't wait to get home after all the festivities, but we made a few pit stops along the long drive home. We had to stop in MD for my bf's job and then on to Philly to visit with my brother and nephews. Then finally home yesterday. It was a long and crazy trip, but definately worth it for the love of the BGE. I really think it brings amazing people together.[p]We already have our food to cook planned out for the week and made our first fatties last night. Ooooh they were sooooo good. Had them for breakfast too![p]Hoping to meet a ton of more people along the way and make some life-long friends,
•Jill

Comments

• jill,[p]it was great meeting you as well, and sydney told me afterwards she REALLY enjoyed her time with you. . .i'll make sure she sees this post as well. .. [p]glad you finally found your comfort zone. . .it is a little intimidating with all these powerful personallities. ..but once you jump in, everyone is very kind indeed. . ..[p]definitely plan on waldorf in the spring. . .with a little over 200 folks, its a little less crazy, but the food and afterparty are just as good :-)
  • mojopin,[p]Hey Jill, we really, really enjoyed talking to you & your man. And yes, Greg is my husband. :>) This was our first Eggtoberfest as well, & we found it to be overwhelming too - but absolutely wonderful. Next year we plan on staying at the official hotel & joining the pre & after parties (if they'll have us). Sounds like that's where all the real activity is. Looking forward to making your Banana, raisin muffin thingys - loved them.[p]Your new friend,
    Cheryl (GrillGurl)

• mojopinmojopin Posts: 200
    mad max beyond eggdome,

Thanks Max, I look forward to seeing the two of you in Waldorf![p]-Jill

• mojopinmojopin Posts: 200
    GrillGurl,[p]Yes, I definately had a lot of fun afterparty, you guys would have enjoyed it! And we will be booking early to get into the host hotel as well! I'm glad to have met you two and I look forward to the many years of hanging out to come![p]-Jill