Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

We're home!

Options
AlaskanC
AlaskanC Posts: 1,346
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
We made it back (finally). The ride from Ketchikan to Sitka was especially hair-raising, so I am even more thankful to be on the ground![p]What a great weekend!! It was an absolute blast, and we made so many new friends. It couldn't have been better!
Brent actually said something along the lines of " when we come down next year we should try...."[p]All I needed to hear was the "next year" part![p]Anyway, I am dead tired so I probably won't get around to posting pics tonight, but I will get some up for sure tomorrow.

Comments

• UGAVET
    UGAVET Posts: 577
    Options
    AlaskanC,
    This was my first eggfest, so if I wouldnt have known better i would have said Brent was veteran of Eggfests they way he was excitedly showing off the salmon and technique for cooking it. Looked like it wasnt his first dog and pony show. I think he was having fun. The Texans rubbed off on him i think.

• AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Options
    AlaskanC,
    Mr. and Mrs. I'll ask and see, your fish was incredible! It was a pleasure to meet you two. Like you, we got home late today, unfortunately, I'm leaving early Tues morning on another trip, so it will probably be this weekend before I can post any of the pics I got of your fish preps. Glad to see that Brent was indoctirnated into being an Egghead. Kim has yet to show any interest in the Egg, but decided we should attend all the fests around the country this next year. Go figure. -RP

• Morro Bay Rich
    Options
    AZRP,
    With the new Egg, when will you find time to travel?[p]I guess it does get hot in AZ, and if the A/C goes out you can always go and fish with AlaskanC.[p]We enjoyed meeting you and your wife and hope we will meet up again in the near future.[p]Rich and Teri

• AZRP
    Options
    Morro Bay Rich,
    Our pleasure Rich, enjoy the grand kids this week, -Kim and Randy

• dhuffjr
    dhuffjr Posts: 3,182
    Options
    AZRP,
    Angela was okay with last year. She kept saying she really enjoyed it this year. Cooking was a lot of fun. Got her commited to a drbbq class when one is close and we can work it out with work. Gonna get that girl to cook on the Egg one of these days. Maybe I can get the Mini-me cooking and getem to shame her into it :>)

• mr toad
    mr toad Posts: 779
    Options
    azrp, fun weekend, so nice to meet you and and as everyone says, "put a face to a name" - your salmon was beautiful before the cook and most wonderful after - thanks for the coffee - having a cup at this moment[p]mr toad

See no Evil - Hear no Evil - Speak no Evil
                        Smoke no Evil

BGE - Mini, Small, Medium, Large
  • mr toad
    mr toad Posts: 779
    Options
    an error here - the above comment was for "alaskanc"
    sorry - a bit early for toads[p]rdeal

See no Evil - Hear no Evil - Speak no Evil
                        Smoke no Evil

BGE - Mini, Small, Medium, Large
  • Wise One
    Wise One Posts: 2,645
    Options
    AlaskanC, I really enjoyed meeting you and Brent. Next year you two need to arrive earlier and stay later. I really enjoyed meeting and talking with both of you. [p]And the good news is, since you have already experienced the Varsity, you don't have to do it next year.

• mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    melissa,
    finally meeting you and brent was one of the highlights of the trip. .. and it was so much fun watching brent's transformation from 2:00 friday at the varsity where he looked like he was only there for you, and wondering just how much this weekend was really gonna cost him ... .to. .. .saturday afternoon, where he was definitely 'holding court' with the salmon. .. to saturday night, where, in TRUE egghead fashion, he was taking pics of the food!!! . . .. [p]the conspiracy worked!!!! ....we got him!!!!! . . .it was almost like 'invasion of the body snatchers' and his 'pod' has definitely hatched. ...now you are gonna have to get another egg, cause i have a feeling he's gonna want to be cooking on yours!!

• SSN686
    SSN686 Posts: 3,504
    Options
    Morning mad max beyond eggdome;[p]You are right about how he looked Friday afternoon. It was "HOW DID I LET MYSELF GET TALKED INTO THIS!" after meeting that crowd at The Varsity. But by Saturday evening he was one of the gang![p]It was great seeing you and Spawn again. Now we have to get y'all down to Florida in March!!![p]Have a GREAT day!
    Jay

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

• AlaskanC
    Options
    Max - I'm pretty sure we won him over. Now I need to get him his own egg (well that's what we will call it) and let him cook on his own!
  • mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    AlaskanC,
    well, along with the egg, we'll need to get him a 'handle' ...how about "CSI-SITKA" . . .just for kicks, i 'googled' him. ..WOW . ..

• AlaskanC
    Options
    Max - he's still refusing to go with a handle. I tried "forensic eggologist" and he just rolled his eyes at me. Oh well, I tried.[p]Googling his is fun, huh? All kinds of good stuff out there! :)
  • FSUScotsman
    Options
    AlaskanC,[p]You are LUCKY!!! Every woman that I even say anything about a Egg to just glazes over. It's neat that your guy is coming through for you. [p]As an aside, I don't see how you all live up there!!! My military time in Alaska just about froze this poor Southern boy to death!!! LOL!!!

• AZRP
    Options
    AlaskanC,
    Foreggsic mabey? -RP

• mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    AlaskanC,
    looks like an excuse for a contest!!!! .. .bring him to DC in may for waldorf eggfest. .. we can have a handle naming contest just like we did for mr. earl ...winner got a naked whiz thong (geez, don't ask. . .you don't even want to know. ..but it sure was fun) ...

• Wise One
    Wise One Posts: 2,645
    Options
    mad max beyond eggdome, "ForensEGG Scientist"