Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First batch of jerky in the egg

Mop
Mop Posts: 496
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I was at the grocery stor this morn and thought I would ask the butcher (meat cutter) if he would cut me some of the top round he was dressing...
He did and handed it to me with a price of $26.00..lol[p]good pile of meat though...
His slices were roast width but good thickness.....consistant as well..[p]I marinated in GFW`s river city....it says one to four hours....I`m excited so I marinated for just over an hour and a half...seems to have sunk into the meat quite well as it`s dark as heck..[p]I put my jerky screen on the firering and three firebricks on their sides towards the outside and rested the bge grate on the bricks.
We had 10" long wooden skewers here so I soaked and used them....The cooker is at just under 200º and I`m off to take my son to snowboarding lessons so my wife will have to run the show while I`m gone....(that should be good)..
Anyway, I can`t wait to try it...[p]Mop!

Comments

• MickeyT
    MickeyT Posts: 607
    View?u=474327&a=10378379&p=41303445&Sequence=0&res=high
    <p />Mop,
    This is a pic I took of my finished jerky yesterday. Get's a little better every time. You are gonna love this jerky cookin stuff.
    With brisket, I marinade for 24-36 hours. Unbelievable flavor.[p]Have fun Mopster,[p]Mick

• Mop
    Mop Posts: 496
    MickeyT., Thanks man, I just took my first batch off the cooker......gooooood stuff.....
    I think this is the beginning of a new found love.....[p]Mop!