Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Free Range Chicken

Options
Fritz
Fritz Posts: 179
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
We did our first butterflied chicken tonight.[p]It was a free range chicken from an Amish farm in Indiana. We seasoned it with a mixture called "Fox Point Seasoning" from The Spice House in Milwaukee, WI. It is a light shallot and herb blend.[p]We liked the butterfly technique (I remembered I read the exchange on GFW's site) because it enables one to get spices under the skin easier, but liked the free range chicken better. This had so much more flavor to it than a $1/pound manufactured one from the supermarket.[p]Let me encourage everyone to buy good, fresh, local meats. This will improve your egging more than anything other than this forum. :-)[p]Fritz

Comments

• Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Options
    Fritz, totally correct and on the money. IMHO anyway. Others may argue the point.
    As per a postof mine down below..the two birds I did today were locally farm raise "free range" birds, home cleaned and dressed.
    C~W
    BTW..I have my order in for half a "free range" Angus for next year. Plus some of these chicken mates...heeeeeyaaaa.