Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

How to cook a 7.5 lb fillet tenderloin

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have to cook this thing, i need recomendations on a quick but tasty marinade and cooking instuctions and times . help..

Comments

• Pharmeggist
    Pharmeggist Posts: 1,191
    Options
    Rookie,
    As a disclaimer I am not affiliated with "The Naked Whiz" in any way but I go to his website so much for information I feel like I know this guy. Anyway, Sounds like you got a big piece of meat. I was thinking this would be good to follow the Naked whiz cooking recommendations for London Broil. I am refering you to the naked whiz website for cooking directions.[p]P.S. London broil is a tricky piece of meat I used to mess it up all the time before I found the Naked whiz website... it would have good flavor it would just be a little tough to cut... now I know the secret. [p]Regards, Pharmeggist

[ul][li]http://www.nakedwhiz.com/londonbr.htm[/ul]
  • icemncmth
    icemncmth Posts: 1,165
    Options
    Rookie,[p]One thing you will need to do is take the small end and tie with back on itself...You do this so the tenderloin will be the same size the entire length...[p]
    As for marinade it depends...I probably wouldn't do much with it....you might rub some garlic and paper on it and let it sit ...[p]But I would sear it on all sides...kind of like a T-Rex..steak..[p]then pull and wrap in foil..bring the egg down from say 700 deg to about 350 deg and then roast the tenderloin until you get the internal temp you like...

• Rookie,[p]My suggestion would be to dose it with Soy Vey Veri Teriake sauce for a few hours and cook direct at about 400 degrees. Rotate/roll every 8-10 minutes. Tucking/trussing the skinny end is good.[p]rb
  • GriffinGaDawg
    Options
    I say marinate it in red wine for a bit and then roll it in garlic and fresh cracked black pepper and then egg it.