Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

If you missed the 17th Annual EGGtoberfest here are the highlights Click Here

Cooking time

edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Looking for the longest time and slowest temp for cooking melt in your mouth brisket?

Comments

• Tim MTim M Posts: 2,410
    RevDocDean,[p]Holding temps below 220-225 is tough but can be done, it takes a little more attention. [p]Tim
  • MickeyTMickeyT Posts: 607
    RevDocDean,[p]I cooked a flat 5 pounder for 15 hrs. @ 180. I don't use a Daisy Wheel to control temps. I use a split. My large egg has been idleing at 160 for 6 hours now, and my medium is runnin a flat 200 since 5 this morning. :>) I never have a problem controlling temps since I switched, and I cook at low temps all the time, even through the night. [p]Hope this helps![p]Mick

• Nature BoyNature Boy Posts: 8,299
    RevDocDean, I have had the best results with 240-250 indirect. Usually somewhere between 2 and 3 hours a pound,depending on the particular chunk-o-chest. They all seem to cook differently, depending on what the cow was doing during its life. I have done the 25-30 hour version at 200, but found it no better than cooking at 250 dome.[p]IMO there is not really any benefit to cooking at temps lower than 225.
    Good luck with it. [p]NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings