Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Baking (Pizza Stone) Set up

FireballFireball Posts: 354
edited 2:44AM in EggHead Forum
I have two medium eggs (with 15” grills) and a 14” BGE pizza stone. Is the 1” of open space between the outer edge of the stone and the side of the egg enough for proper combustion of the lump to get the temperature to 550 degrees? Or should i buy a smaller pizza stone? Or, my wife just suggested I buy a large and than screamed, aaaaaaagggghhh!!!! Maybe I can get the ok for a mini.
I am going to bake Cornish Pasty’s using pulled pork instead of steak after I "Q" a butt. If my typing holds out I will post the Pasty recipe. Thanks for your advice.
Fireball

Comments

• JJJJ Posts: 951
    Fireball,
    Get a smaller stone, then get the mini EGG. Get your wife the large EGG for her birthday.

• JJ,
    Great Idea!! I think I will.
    Fireball

• Char-WoodyChar-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Fireball, if one is challenged a bit.. you can use two 4.5" X 1.25 x 9" firebricks for pizza stones. Make your pizza in a 9" round or in a 9x9 " square. Tastes good either way.
    C~W[p]