Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Pork Shoulder

MACMAC Posts: 442
edited 10:54PM in EggHead Forum
I just purchased a Fresh picnic on sale. I would like to do something different than a traditional pulled pork. Maybe a brine? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
MAC

·

Comments

• MAC,
    what have you been doing to this point? What results are you trying to get to?[p]h

·
  • MAC,[p]Last time I did a picnic I scored the skin in a diamond pattern and rubbed the entire picnic with salt and pepper. I mopped it with a simple vinegar based mop (I can't rememeber exactly what was in it, but it was from Smoke And Spice) every couple of hours. It turned out great!

·
  • MickeyTMickeyT Posts: 607
    MAC,[p]Just one question that really doesn't consider your question. My meat cutter say's that the picnic is more muscle and not as good as a butt. For a few cents more, why not go with the butt. Is my cutter full of beans?[p]Mick

·