Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pork Shoulder

Options
MAC
MAC Posts: 442
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I just purchased a Fresh picnic on sale. I would like to do something different than a traditional pulled pork. Maybe a brine? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
MAC

Comments

• MAC,
    what have you been doing to this point? What results are you trying to get to?[p]h

• BluesnBBQ
    Options
    MAC,[p]Last time I did a picnic I scored the skin in a diamond pattern and rubbed the entire picnic with salt and pepper. I mopped it with a simple vinegar based mop (I can't rememeber exactly what was in it, but it was from Smoke And Spice) every couple of hours. It turned out great!

• MickeyT
    MickeyT Posts: 607
    Options
    MAC,[p]Just one question that really doesn't consider your question. My meat cutter say's that the picnic is more muscle and not as good as a butt. For a few cents more, why not go with the butt. Is my cutter full of beans?[p]Mick