Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Turkey`s not just for the holidays..

MopMop Posts: 496
edited 6:14AM in EggHead Forum
or so says my wife...
I took a turkey from the freezer last night and popped it in the fridge to do up on the egg this weekend.[p]I know there has been tons of brine talk and It`s been probably beaten down but I would like to try a simple brine solution...
Has anyone got a simle one they would share?
I did a Turkey at xmas but without the brine process...[p]15 minutes per pound @ 350º right?[p]Thanks...
MOP~

·

Comments

• VentsVents Posts: 15
    Mop,
    I haven't actually tried this,but bookmarked it for later use.Good luck!

[ul][li]Turkey Brine[/ul]
    ·
  • Mop, I just did a turkey breast last Sunday that knocked our socks off. Brined for 24 hr in a simple mixture of 1 cup kosher salt and 1 cup of brown sugar to a gallon of water. I smoked with apple chips, cooked with aid of 3 fire bricks at 350° as you said, but rely on your probe in the breast @ 165°.

·
  • Mop,[p]Here's the brine recipe I used for my Thanksgiving turkey. Turned out great![p]1/2 gallon water
    1/2 gallon apple juice or cider
    1 cup Kosher salt
    1.5 cups sugar (I used 1 cup sugar and 1/2 cup brown sugar)
    5 Bay leaves crushed
    10-20 tellecherry peppercorns. [p]Brine overnite and smoke over your
    favorite wood

·