Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Looking forward to a delicious Christmas dinner? Keep our Holiday Entertaining Publication handy throughout December for all your holiday dinner needs. But you can also find some of our favorites on our Country Christmas page, including Christmas Ham and Peach Cobbler. Happy cooking!

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

Must Marinate Skirt Steak Overnight

RhumAndJerkRhumAndJerk Posts: 1,506
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Tonight I just finished a meal of fajitas made from skirt steak. I did not marinate my skirt steak overnight and I wish that I had. It was 2 PM today by the time I was able get the steak started. I cooked them at 4 PM. I grilled the steak for 3/3/3 at 600 degrees over a mixture of BGE and Mesquite Charcoal. The meat was chewy but not tough. If the skirt steaks were marinated overnight they would have been perfect. The marinade was a quick one of a commercial fajita seasoning, Orange/Tangerine Juice, olive oil, soy sauce and dark soy sauce. [p]The fajitas were finished off with some black beans, flavored with onion, garlic and epezote that I simmered all afternoon and some rice that I cooked with Annatto oil, garlic, onion and cilantro. All of that was served with whole-wheat tortillas. [p]Happy Grilling,
RhumAndJerk[p]

Comments