Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Must Marinate Skirt Steak Overnight

Options
RhumAndJerk
RhumAndJerk Posts: 1,506
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Tonight I just finished a meal of fajitas made from skirt steak. I did not marinate my skirt steak overnight and I wish that I had. It was 2 PM today by the time I was able get the steak started. I cooked them at 4 PM. I grilled the steak for 3/3/3 at 600 degrees over a mixture of BGE and Mesquite Charcoal. The meat was chewy but not tough. If the skirt steaks were marinated overnight they would have been perfect. The marinade was a quick one of a commercial fajita seasoning, Orange/Tangerine Juice, olive oil, soy sauce and dark soy sauce. [p]The fajitas were finished off with some black beans, flavored with onion, garlic and epezote that I simmered all afternoon and some rice that I cooked with Annatto oil, garlic, onion and cilantro. All of that was served with whole-wheat tortillas. [p]Happy Grilling,
RhumAndJerk[p]

Comments

• djm5x9
    djm5x9 Posts: 1,342
    Options
    RhumAndJerk:[p]On those days when the Princess wants grilled skirt steaks on short notice I use the Jaccard to tenderize and thin slice when the meat comes off the grill. So far the results have been good.

• RhumAndJerk
    RhumAndJerk Posts: 1,506
    Options
    djm5x9,
    That is a great idea. I wish that I had thought of it at the time. I do not have a Jacquard, but I do have a tenderizing hammer and I should have pounded the steak some.
    I will remember that for the next time.[p]Thank you,
    RhumAndJerk