Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Baby Back rib Sandwhich?? (pics)

Options
ronbeaux
ronbeaux Posts: 988
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Always wanted a baby back rib sandwhich.[p]Took the meat off of left overs and pulsed. Made dough using instructions found on the forum
ribsandwich001.jpg[p]
[/center]
Rolled out the dough and added the ribs.[p]ribsandwich002.jpg

All rolled up and sealed.
ribsandwich003.jpg[p]Baked at 375 for 40 minutes, cooled, and sliced.
ribsandwich004.jpg[p]The smell was outstanding while baking. Didn't use the egg since it was tied up with a brisket flat, but at least I used a BGE pizza stone in my oven and the ribs were cooked yesterday.[p]Now for beer and the Saints!![p][p][p][p]

Comments

• Rick's Tropical Delight
    Options
    NICE ![p]great idea!
  • AZ Traveler
    Options
    ronbeaux,[p]I like to make bread so this really impressed me. I'll bet it tasted better than it looked. Keep up the good work. AZ
  • SSN686
    SSN686 Posts: 3,504
    Options
    Morning ronbeaux:[p]Looks like you have taken the "bread stuffed with good things" to a new height! Mighty fine looking meal.[p]Have a GREAT day!
    Jay

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

• ronbeaux
    Options
    AZ Traveler,
    Looks? It tasted great. What could I do to make it look better?(not being a Sm---A--) I didn't use egg white, only rubbed the outside with butter. And I also didn't do it in the egg since it was tied up. Plus, this dough recipe was about as simple as they come. Flour, water, salt, sugar, yeast, and oil. Knead for 10 minutes(or until your hands are tired) let it rest for 30 minutes, then knead again and let it rest. Then roll it out and add the filling.[p]Bread is new to me and I always am looking for expert suggestions. My wife took a taste. I on the other hand ,damn near killed myself eating it!![p]Thanks for the comment, and feel free to help a new bread-er.

• ronbeaux
    Options
    SSN686,
    Thanks! Thats what I like about cooking. Although there is probably nothing out there that has not been done, developing your skills lets you be creative in your own little world.[p]Hope your week goes well!

• AZ Traveler
    Options
    ronbeaux,[p]When I said I bet it tasted better than it looked I meant that it looked really good. So the tast would be really really good. I thought you did a wonderful job. Did you let it raise any before you baked it? Nice job and keep up the good work. AZ
  • ronbeaux
    Options
    AZ Traveler,
    Oh OK. Yes I let is rest for about 30 minutes before putting it in the oven. The BB ribs were cold so I'm sure it slowed down the rising process. I've seen egret's pictures of bread and thought that was a benchmark. No way I could compete with him!! [p]Thanks!! Can't wait until next weekend to try something new. Sure wish I could go to Hotlanta, maybe next year.

• AZ Traveler
    Options
    ronbeaux,[p]Thanks for the reply. I hope to do a brisket sometime soon. I would really like to go to Hotlanta as well. Who knows, maybe we can meet there. There is a lot of people on the forum I would like to meet. Keep up the good work and enjoy. AZ
  • ronbeaux
    Options
    AZ Traveler,
    Or Texas. I believe that would be abour half way. I'm planning on going next year. In fact, my wife and I are fixing to buy a vehicle that will carry eggs in the back and the kids are almost out of the house so we can roam.

• AZ Traveler
    Options
    ronbeaux,[p]We will probably see you there as we are planning on going to the one in Oklahoma and then stopping at the one in Texas. Enjoy the day. AZ