Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Tonight's Ribs (w/ Pics)

JM3
JM3 Posts: 272
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
These ribs went for just over 5 hours. First time I haven't foiled ribs in a 3-1-1. They came out really good with a nice smoke ring.[p]Oct1406Ribs002.jpg[p]Oct1406Ribs015.jpg[p]Oct1406Ribs004.jpg[p]Wish I could be in Atlanta next week. Have a great time.[p]John

Comments

• JM3,[p]Looks really good. You just grilled them indirect for 5 hours? What temps? I need to try that. Any spray or mopping during the cook? I'm impressed. AZ
  • AZ Traveler,[p]I did two batches yesterday. On Large the first, it was 3 slabs with chris lilly's butt rub (works for lots of stuff when you're out of dizzy pig) and did the 3-1.5-.5 method (for the record, NEVER foil for 90 minutes). On large the second, it was 250 indirect for 5ish hours with a couple of saucings the last 30 minutes. [p]Large the 2nd won IMHO. MAN, were they good. And good looking too. But they went too fast to take pictures. (Unless my buddy madsapper took some shots when I tweren't a lookin').
  • JM3
    JM3 Posts: 272
    AZ Traveler,[p]They were indirect with some cherry and apple wood mix for 5 hours between 250 and 275. I put some barbeque sauce on them for the last 30 minutes. I flipped them every hour. I was planning on going to six but they seemed done at five. The meat is still attached to the bone but it comes off cleanly with a slight tug.[p]John
  • JM3,[p]I appreciate the tips very much. Will do some that way this week. Thanks again, AZ